Tuesday, October 5, 2010

PLN #10

I read "School Would be Great if it Wasn’t for Kids" by Alfie Kohn, originally this article didn't come from Google reader I found a link to it from another Google reader blog called "What Glee: reflections on teachers and learning". The first article I mention matters because it talks about after we blame teachers we need to blame students, wait... what!? He says the reason behind blaming students is they can't summon the drive to work harder and succeed. This article matters to me because I realize this in myself a lot lately; I don't want to work at all. I would always take the easy way out, but it come back to bite me in the butt. For example the reason I am redoing this article I am typing right know is because I got a poor grade on it. Know I am wasting my time redoing something that if I worked a little harder I wouldn’t be redoing. This article matters to education because this could cause students to be forced to work harder, there really isn't a way yet, but someone will eventually figure it out. Also it matters to education because we all know that the US is falling behind in education in the world competition, but what if it’s because students are lazy? This article matters to the world because it can probably change every countries view on education view. We need to start blaming students because their also part of the cause!

20 comments:

  1. you need better posture. you were sorof jumbled. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good presentation and you got the clases attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The screen is white, the thing on your arm is distracting, standing on sided of your feet, going over the same topic over 5 times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good connections and comments. Very good connections, we are just rediculusly lazy. I really liked your question.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good job connecting to yourself and good examples

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't just look at the teacher, and stop swaying. Practice your speech more at home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great feedback. Best story yet. Great question.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good question and good pronucuation

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job making eye contact and speaking well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounded like you just made up like everything you where going off the top of your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job. you had great flow in your presentation and a good question. great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job proving your own point. Good question.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good job explaining your topic. !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You had a great presentation, the only problem was you say "they" too many times when I didnt know what you were talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good job i likied your life like examples good question.,

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good qustion but isn't it the teachers job to teach us so maybe its nit are fault

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job but a lot of hand movement though

    ReplyDelete
  18. hands in pockets,good question

    ReplyDelete