Sunday, October 3, 2010

PLN #9

"Rigor Redefined" by Tony Wagner matters because it talks about two vital questions that every students deals with, what skills do I need to have a successful carrier in life and what skills do I neeed to be a good citizen. There is a median between these two questions, but you have to be able to distinguish work from play... and who can do that? "Rigor Redefines" matters to me because I am just a freshman but I am already feeling the heat from realitives, peers and teachers to perform well so I can get into a good college and claim a well paying job for my own. At the smae time I am trying to manage time with freinds and have fun. The majority of the time I blow off my responsibiltes of school work to go hang out wiht freinds which causes me to get bad grades and redo work( just like I am doing know). It semms I can never just stay in the middle I always drift to one side or another without even trying to. "Rigor Redefined" matters to education because everyone who workds for a building that teachs younger people material does there best to improve how much material a stidnent can take in and how to use it accordingly, but on the other hand there's always your social life whihc invlovled freinds. We have all seen someone who always shows up late to class and wears his pants down low. We all know who he is and say to ourselfs that kid needs to get his act together, but at the sae time we all want top be him. He's real cool has a girlfriends and his social life is at its best, but some people wants to take the risj of bad graes and being unpopular which is why we all try to bridge the jap, but no one can. "Rigor Redefined" matters to the world because this also happens among countires. All world powers try to trade the most to increase money and popularity amoung foregin powers. World Powers also try to be the most intellectual: this shows through the space race, the weapons race of WW II, etc. Counties also try to bridge the jap, but they always fail and it usually ends up as a amred conflictt, just like Vietnam or Iraq. 'Rigor Redefined" is just pointing out how society is constantly fighting over a those to questions on a large scale,such as the world, or a small scale, such as ourselfs.

No comments:

Post a Comment