Tuesday, November 2, 2010

PLN #16

"All eyes on Colorado Senate race" by Kevin Simpson, Allison Sherry, and Michael Booth matters because everyone is talking about the race for the senate seat in Colorado. Whoever will be elected is probably going to make a splash with their senate seat. This matters to me because I was learning in Spelling and Vocab. today and my teacher talked about freedom versus safety and I am wondering is that how these two men function, one if fighting for our freedoms (Michael Bennet) or our safety (Ken Buck). Also, If I influence someone else's vote there are making a vote off of my assumptions that I have only got from commercials or short little articles in ads online. This article matters to educations because either of these people could affect the school system for good or bad. I don't know their views on education but these two men will have a lot of political power compared to a principle who wants to avoid whatever they want to inflect on the school system. These matters to the world because as of the senate they can vote on how foregin affairs, which we have already screwed up, with other world powers or for new laws that may restrict our freedoms or give us some back. Micheal Bennet and Ken Buck are going to make a splash in our country and ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment