Sunday, November 14, 2010

PLN 19

“Boys and Boredom” by George F. Will matter because the human race is the only thing on the planet that can sustain boredom.  That is why so many of our preteen and teenage boys look to audio and video entertainment. This matters to me because “Fifty years ago, the onset of boredom might have followed a two-hour stretch of nothing to do. In contrast, boys today can feel bored after thirty seconds with nothing specific to do.” To tell you the truth I was bored from reading this article by the bottom of the third paragraph. Why can’t I focus on one specific thing? These matters to education because in a technology advanced classroom, such as my English 9 class, won’t kids wonder off and play computer games. I have seen people do this and I have done it quite a lot myself. Could this be another reason why America is falling behind in reading, writing, math and science against other countries? “Boys and Boredom” matters to the world because I have seen this only in countries that are super powers, which makes me think, why is only affecting only those countries? I believe the answer to be that in a super power country people have money and time for luxuries. Boredom is known a part of the human race.

No comments:

Post a Comment